Monday, November 17, 2008

What is Your Best Memory?

The title says it all. We all have them. Some of us have a few of them. What is the most wonderful moment you can remember? The moment at which you were most content and happy? The more I think of it, the more times I come up with.

For some, the most happy moment is when they get married, had their first kiss, or did something they thought was wonderful. For me, although when I got married was definitely one of the happiest moments of my life, Id say it was not my most peaceful. My wife would agree. Her nerves were on end. Unlike myself, she is very uncomfortable in front of crowds.

Anyhow, Id say there is a tie. My first was when I was 11 years old. It was a perfect day. The weather was perfect and I had spent the whole day catching frogs with my best friend Dayton. My parents weren't fighting, my sister was somewhere else (that's a good thing), and him and I had turned his driveway into a giant pinball machine. We put a bunch of obstacles all over the driveway and positioned ourselves on either side of the bottom with hockey sticks. It was actually quite creative if I do say so myself. We used a tennis ball as the pinball and our hockey sticks layed down as the flippers. We had a ton of fun. At the end of the day, I went home. My mom had made her teriyaki chicken. After we ate, the whole family sat around the TV and watched Star Trek. Yeah we were weird like that.

That was my perfect day.

Oh and my other one was the day I was married. I have only cried twice in my life. Once at the end of Monsters Inc. and the other on the day of my wedding (unless you count when I cut onions)

1 comment:

CRE 4 MSU said...

Perfect day? A question or test of depth.Im about as deep as $2.00 swimming pool.One of my best memories has got to be winning my golf league championship.I have participated in a lot of sports crap, and not a champion ever until then.My best friend was my partner, and we CRUSHED the competition.Dont be confused, we are NOT great golfers, but we had a phenominal season.Scoring was 2 points per heads up match and 2 points for low net score.6 possible points each week.We averaged 4.5 points per round.In the final round, the team we golfed was the second place team.We won the round and both matches by an average of 6 strokes.That was one perfect day.